WELCOME TO AVKS
Information we may collect from you
- Information you provide to us when you create an account, sign up for our newsletters, register for an event or workshop, apply to join the recruitment register, or engage with us in any other way that requires your identification, contact information, and financial details/payment transaction verification. Why do we do this? To contact you to confirm your account, your subscriptions, registrations, and payments.
- Profile data including your username and password, workshops and other events attended, and preferences.
- Marketing and communications preferences about how you wish to hear from AVKS.
- Technical and usage data about how you access this website and how you use it. We collect this data by using cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables us to recognize your computer as you view different pages on our website, allowing us to give you a better website experience. Cookies allow us to store your preferences to present content and functions that are specific to you.
- Photos, recording, and video taken at our trainings and other events may be used for marketing purposes. Unless specifically notified otherwise, AVKS reserves the right to take and use any photos or recordings from our events on our website and in our marketing materials.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data as necessary to provide you with the information and services you are requesting from AVKS. This may include:
- To register you as a new member, client, or customer;
- To process your request to attend a workshop;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To deliver relevant website content;
- To use data analytics to improve our site;
- To share learning opportunities, events, or other information relevant to you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are working with them to deliver a service you have requested, or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of AVKS or others.
Data shared with third parties
We may disclose your information to third parties if we are working with them to deliver a service you have requested. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. For AVKS’s purposes, third parties may include:
- Workshop participants and instructors: For our online courses, depending on your settings, your shared content and profile data may be publicly viewable, including to other participants and instructors. If you ask a question to an instructor or facilitator, your information (including your name) may also be publicly viewable by other users depending on your settings.
- Service providers, contractors, and agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services, email and hosting services (this includes services rendered to our learning services subscribers). These service providers are required to use your information solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- Recruitment register members: If you completed an application via the website to join our Recruitment Register your information will be shared according to the terms laid out when you completed your application online.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available by contacting us.
Your legal rights: Under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact us
You can ask AVKS to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into your account, checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences, or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy as needed, and you will always be able to see when this policy was last updated. If we make significant changes in how or why we process your personal data, we will contact you directly with more information. We invite you to revisit this policy each time you consider giving your personal data to AVKS.